Friday, September 2, 2011

Ganapati Bappa Morya

Yesterday was Ganesh Chaturthi. It is one of the famous Hindu festival. It is celebrated all over world, mostly in India. It was a holiday for us, all most all private and public offices are closed. I was in Bangalore this year, Oriya community organized ganesh puja at Kala Mandir, New thippasandra. The overall arrangement was really good. Some of the members of the Puja Committee are my classmates namely Bibhu, other names I have forgotten. I attended the puja this time @ Kalamandir, I reached there with my family around 11:30AM, the homa was just ing. I sat there till puja got over and by 12:30 the pushpanjali was over. Most importantly the puja committee has organized free lunch, prasad. The food was really good, it was typical oriya cuisine. I loved the food, my wife too. In Bangalore getting Oriya food in really difficult unless some oriya people invite you for lunch. Though I am bengali but my forefathers stayed in Orissa so I am kinda half oriya and half bengali and at home I also speak some mix of oriya and Bengali. But I love Oriya cuisine than Bengali food. My wife loves Bengali sweets. But I love Oriya sweets like RasMalai which is prepared from Paneer and sweet milk. The taste is really awesome. My overall experience was really good. Except, the puja committee members serving the food @ KalaMandir did not serve the second time :). Thats expected as there was huge rush and I assumed the committee was not expecting so many devotees and to serve all, they have stopped second time serving that means whatever you get first time in your lunch, have to be satisfied. I would request Puja Committee to be bit flexible next year. Otherwise overall good.
We were back from Puja around 2:30PM. My father did not join with us because he was taking care of Jackie, the male Labrador. We have to bring some food from hotel.
In the evening, I went to attend AOL(Art Of Living) Satsang @ Leenaji's house. There was lots of people. One of the devotee has brought some sweet. It was quite tasty.
Overall this Ganesh Puja was really good.

No comments: