It was Saturday, after noon. I was taking rest after a good lunch. As it is weekend, hence I was in deep sleep. And suddenly my mobile phone starts ringing. I saw it was a unknown number but still I picked it and realized that this is an automated call from Vodaphone. I really got so much irritated....the whole Saturday was spoiled....
Supreme court of India recently passed a judgment that customers should not have any unsolicited calls from anybody for commercial purpose, be it credit card, or marketing purpose etc... But do our Bank agents follows these instructions. This is not the first time I have irritated by such kind of calls, there are numerous instances where peoples are getting unsolicited calls from Bank agents for credit cards, personal loans, etc... Recently I was reading a news in which a judge was getting a call from ICICI bank credit card agent for personal loan, inside the court room.... :D and later ICICI bank was reprimanded by the same judge. If people in higher posts are also victim of such unsolicited calls then why should general public like me should complaint...In my mobile phone I have created a set of users with "silent" ring tone and all these numbers from Banks/Mobile phone customer care numbers have added to these "ignore" list. But still especially automated calls from Vodaphone are not able to track as they change the number too frequently. I am so much irritated with these calls, sometimes I really threaten them to go to consumer court. But still these agents do not care and they keep on calling, till the time you answer their calls.
The worst part is, if you deny that you are not interested for any credit card/personal loan/mobile connection, these agents try to explain you the benefit of such offers. If you ask them how did they got the number and more details about such agents, they simply disconnect the call...
Just trying to know is thre any end to these unsolicited calls. May be if anybody from NGO takes this matter to court/Govt officials then I can think of some sort of solace to general public from these calls.
...
....

No comments:
Post a Comment